Do health and safety laws apply to me?

Yes, they apply to all businesses, however small, to the self-employed and also employees.


What is the law on health and safety policies?

You must have a written Health and Safety Policy if you employ more than 4 people, this includes part time workers.

What legislation covers health and safety?

The principal legislation covering business premises is the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974. There are also a number of Regulations that fall under this Act which deal with particular health and safety issues.


Why do I need a health and safety consultant?

You don’t have to, but some H&S legislation is complex and there is a legal requirement for employers to have access to competent advice. You could use one of your own staff (providing that they have sufficient training and experience), but most small-to-medium sized businesses don’t have this option. It is therefore much more cost effective to contract this out to a consultant. 


I'm starting my own business, what do I need to do?

Get in touch as soon as you can. Let CJB Health and Safety take the worry away, allowing you to concentrate on getting your business started.


Company legal

Mr Chris Brewis

CJB Health and Safety Ltd

Company number: 12706457

Full indemnity and public liability insurance for complete peace of mind.